The Brodian Guards

Warhammer 40K Imperial Guard

11/07/2010

First Vehicle Repaint

Posted by Unknown |

With my recent acquisition of about 1500+ points of Catachan/Cadian troops and vehicles, I knew that eventually I'd need to get around to repainting the vehicles.

I knew I wanted a "grey" theme, but I wanted something warm and in the red/brown hues to go with all the red coats. I literally spent an hour looking through all my Reaper Master Series Paints until I decided upon the Bone Triad as my "warm grey" or perhaps "Grey tan" colors.

Bone Triad

  • 9058 Bone Shadow
  • 9059 Aged Bone
  • 9060 Polished Bone

    My test model was the Chimera that had been assembled with nonfunctional turret and all the rear lasguns all broken off. Paint was fairly heavily globed on the right side, so I figured if I could make this one more acceptable the rest would be easy. I also figured I'd experiment with weathering as the "mud" would help conceal the thick paint on the right side. I was going for a vehicle that was muddy and hard used. I think I got the muddy. I need more practice, that's clear.



    Nevertheless... I was really happy with the Bone triad and how it all looked. This took several hours, but mainly because I was goofing around a lot (well I did have to drill out all the heavily superglued broken lasguns in the back). Thanks to the airbrush and technical pen, the base coat and black-line took very little time.

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment